Rice flour 2 cups
Onions 1 small finely chopped
Cilantro leaves handful chopped
Green chili 1 (more or less to your taste)
Cumin seeds tsp.
Oil 2 Tbsp.
Salt to taste
Water 1 cup
- Boil the water and keep it aside.
- Mix rice flour with onion, cilantro, chilies, cumin seeds, salt.
- Add boiling water to the flour mixture, mix well using a spoon until dough comes together. Keep covered for 10 minutes.
- When dough is cool enough to handle, add 1-2 tbsp. of oil and kneed well. Now the dough is ready to make roti’s.(Dough should be of medium softness not too hard or too soft).
- I usually use a zip lock bag cut 3 sides so that it opens like a book, take handful dough, make a ball and pat evenly to make an even flat roti.
- Now transfer onto hot pan carefully not breaking the roti.
- Leave it for a minute until it is cooked and you get some golden brown color, turn other side and do the same. Serve hot with chutney or any curry