Making the guiltiest pleasure at home makes it less guilty and more pleasure, at the least for me. Because I know what is going in and I can control it. I can control the portion, the cheese and just about everything. So the next time you pick up the phone to order one, try making one with this super easy recipe.
For the dough
All-purpose flour 1 ½ cups
Olive oil 2 tbsp.
Warm water ¾ cup
Yeast 2 ¼ tsps.
Salt to taste
Sugar 1 tsps.
For the No Cook Sauce
Dried Italian herb mix, to taste
Dried chili flakes, to taste
Granulated Garlic, to taste
Salt and Pepper to taste
Boneless chicken breasts 150 gm (For my vegetarian friends out there you can use cottage cheese[Paneer] instead)
Butter 2 tbsp.
Salt to taste
Crushed pepper to taste
Fresh mozzarella 8 oz.
To make the dough:
- Add the yeast and sugar to warm water and set it aside for about 3 minutes.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, fitted with a dough attachment, mix together the flour, salt, sugar and olive oil. Stir in the yeast in to the water, make sure it is all dissolved and add it to the flour mixture.
- With a spatula mix until everything is combined. Start the mixer on low speed and mix for 10 minutes.
- Oil a bowl with olive oil and set aside. Place the ball of dough into the oiled bowl, seam side down and brush the tops of the dough with a little oil to avoid it from drying out. Place a piece of plastic wrap on top of the bowl and place the dough in a warm and draft free place for 30 minutes. Inside a microwave is the best.
To make the sauce:
- put all the ingredients in a mixer and blend to form a smooth paste and set aside.
For the topping:
- In pan heat butter season the chicken breasts with salt n pepper cook until completely cooked and set aside.
To assemble the pizza:
- preheat the oven to 450
- Sprinkle some flour onto your counter, place dough on the flour. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out to a 10 inch circle.
- Move the dough on to a pizza pan, layer it with the sauce evenly top it with bit size chicken pieces evenly, then top it with cheese and bake it for 20 minutes rotating it halfway through.