Bell Peppers, 4 Large roasted, peeled, seeded and liquid reserved (be careful not to break them)
Ground Chicken 1 lb.
Onions Chopped ½ cup
Green chilies 2 (more or less to your taste)
Coriander powder 1 tsps.
Cumin powder 1tsps.
Cooked rice 1 cup, about 10 minutes away from being fully cooked.
Coriander leaves 3 tbsp.
Mozzarella chopped into 1 inch cube, or any other cheese of your choice 1 cup
Plum Tomatoes 6 divided
Garlic powder ½ tsps.
Olive Oil, as needed
Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together 3 chopped tomatoes and juice from the roasted peppers, set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, add your ground chicken, egg, herbs, cumin powder, coriander powder, green chilies, mozzarella, tomato mixture, rice, salt and pepper. Mix together really well and divide your mixture amongst the roasted peppers making sure to stuff them well but be careful not to break them.
- Puree rest of the 3 tomatoes along with garlic powder, salt. Set aside.
- Add a little tomato puree to the bottom of your baking dish, place your peppers in the dish (the peppers should fit in tightly in the dish) and cover them with the rest of the tomato mixture.
- Bake them for about 60 minutes or until they are golden brown on top. Serve hot