All purpose flour 2 cups
Baking Powder 2 tsps
Salt ½ tsps
Granulated Sugar ¼ cup
Vanilla Extract 1 tsps
Eggnog 2 cups
2 Eggs, separated
Food color optional
- Beat the egg whites in a large bowl until stiff peaks form, set aside.
- In a large bowl, swift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, vanilla extract and eggnog, pour this mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix well with no lumps.
- Fold in the egg whites;(at this point I added a little color to bring in some festivity, this is optional) allow the batter to rest while you preheat your pan over medium heat.
- Grease your pan with butter. Pour about ¼ cup batter per pancake and allow them to cook for just a couple minutes on each side or until golden brown on both sides and fully cooked through.