Kalakand is a milk delicacy also known as milk cake, it has only a few ingredients but the flavors are anything but few. it is a little bit of work, but the result is worth it. u just cant stop eating it once you get the taste for it .
Whole milk 2 liters
Lemon juice 2 tsps.
Sugar 3/4th cup
Clarified butter for greasing the pan
- In a high sides pan bring milk to a boil; let the milk boil for 40 min or more till it reduces into half.
- Once it has boiled down to half add 1/2 spoon of lemon juice at a time till u see small lumps forming in the milk. Do not add all at once we want only small lumps and not curdle the milk. It’s a crucial step!.
- Once small lumps are seen continue to boil it on medium high flame till has reduced further more into half and is now thick takes about 40 more minutes and non-stop stirring, we don’t want it to burn at the bottom.
- Now add in the sugar. Stir and continue stirring till it is thick, and is now leaving the pan on sides and is the consistency of loose dough.
- Grease a bowl and pour the mixture into it.
- Spread evenly and let it cool
- Once it has cooled and hard to touch, Cut those in small bite size squares.