Digestive biscuits (graham crackers) 1 1/2 cups
Butter melted 2/3 cup
Condensed milk 3/4 cup
Egg yolks 2
Zest and juice of 2 limes
Whipping cream 1/2 cup
Icing sugar (powdered sugar) 1 tbsp.
- Heat the oven to 325°F
- Turn the biscuits to crumbs in a food processor.
- Mix the biscuits with the melted butter
- Press into the base and up the sides of a 22cm loose based tart or cake tin, then gently shake out the excess. Bake for 10 minutes and allow cooling.
- Whisk the egg yolks in a large bowl with electric beaters for 2 minutes on high speed, then add the condensed milk and whisk for 3 minutes then add the lime zest and juice and whisk for 3 more minutes.
- Pour the filling into the cooled base and return to the oven for 15 minutes.
- Cool then chill for at least 3 hours.
- When ready to serve, gently whip the cream and icing sugar together and pipe on top.