Ripe bananas 2
Yogurt 1 cup
Sugar ½ cup
Salt to taste
Baking powder 1 teaspoon
Baking soda 1/4th teaspoon
Wheat flour (Atta) 2 cups
Oil for frying
- Blend bananas, yogurt and sugar together to get a smooth puree with no lumps.
- Then add in salt, baking powder, baking soda and mix them well.
- Slowly add the flour and keep mixing it to get a smooth dough ball. Drizzle a little oil to coat the dough. Cover and rest it overnight or min 6 hrs.
- After the dough is well rested, divide the dough into small balls.
- Take each ball and flatten it to make a small disc. oil both sides to avoid sticking
- Roll the flattened disc into a thin circle. Make sure not to roll it thin so that they puff evenly.
- Lift each disc and gently slide in the hot oil. The bun will float up; gently press down with a spatula. This makes the bun fluff up. Flip it once. The bun should be golden brown.