Palak/Spinach 6 ounce package / 170g washed
Cumin seeds 1tsps
Cardamom whole 2
Cinnamon ½ inch
Bay leaf 1
Onion 1 medium
Ginger paste 1tsps
Garlic paste 1tsps
Tomatoes 1 medium
Chili powder 1tsps (increase or decrease to taste)
Cumin powder 1tsps
Coriander powder 1tsps
Garam masala powder 1/2 tsps.
Ground chicken 1lb
- Blanch spinach in boiling water for 1 minute, drain the water let it cool completely, then blend it in a blender to form a smooth paste and set it aside
- Heat the oil in a wok, add in cumin seeds, cardamom, bay leaf, cinnamon, clove and onions, when they start to soften, add in the ginger and garlic paste sauté and let the color change into golden brown, it takes about 5 to 6 minutes. Add salt and mix well.
- Add the tomatoes, sauté them and let it cook till they release all the oil and is soft.
- Add red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and Garam masala powder, mix well and cook covered for 2 minutes until it releases oil.
- Now add in the spinach puree and chicken mix well. Do not add any extra water; the chicken will release its water. Cook uncovered till the chicken is cooked and all the water has evaporated.
- Serve hot with Indian flat bread or as a side