I come from the beautiful west coast of India. Mangalore the land where nature is still a part of your surroundings, and the people all true to our culture. Hailing from one of the largest sea port I am not a big fan of sea food!!! I don’t know why but I have never been able to put any of them in mouth other than fish, which I would prefer to leave out too, but my mom and dad happens to be big fish lovers and had to leave it out for many years all for me. They would probably have made fish on the first weekend after my marriage!!! I would not mind eating fish that tastes like chicken!!! So my poor husband who does not mind fish, but on those special craving nights had to find a way to make me have them too,came up with this recipe, and OMG!!! I love them… they are juicy spicy and make me forget what it actually is. So this one is for those people who are trying to embrace the flavor of seafood should start with this one.
Salmon 6 medium filet
Sea-salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Chili powder 2 tablespoon (increase or decrease to taste)
Turmeric ½ teaspoon
Cumin-Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
Garam masala 2 teaspoon
Juice of 2 lemons (medium)
Coriander leaves 2 sprig chopped
Yogurt 2 tablespoon
Ginger-Garlic Paste 2 teaspoon
oil to drizzle over the fish while baking
- In a bowl mix all the spices(Sea-salt, Pepper, Chili powder, Turmeric, Cumin-Coriander powder, Garam masala, lemon juice, Coriander leaves, Yogurt, Ginger-Garlic Paste)
- Rub the mixture evenly over the fish.
- Cover the fish in a cling wrap and rest it in the refrigerator for minimum 3 hours. We usually keep it for a day.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit
- Drizzle some oil in a pan, place the fish and drizzle some more oil over the fish.