Boneless chicken 2.5lb., cut into small cubes
Onion 2 medium
Ginger paste 2 tsps.
Garlic paste 2 tsps.
Tomatoes 4 medium
Coriander seeds 2 ½ tsps.
Cumin seeds 3 tsps.
Black pepper corns 2 ½ tsps.
Dried red chili 10 (you can increase or decreased accordingly)
Salt to taste
Yogurt ½ cups
Dried Fenugreeks leaves (Khasuri methi) 3 Tbsp.
Green chili 2 for garnish
Coriander leaves a few sprigs for garnish
Oil 5 tbsps.
- First dry roast the spices cumin, coriander seeds, pepper corns and chilies. You can do it together or individually, once they are done blend them into a coarse powder and keep it aside.
- In a khadhai when the oil is hot add in the chicken and sauté till it gets light golden in color or pale white this takes about 4 to 5 minutes and take it out and set it aside.
- Now in the same oil add in the onions and when they start getting golden brown in color add in the ginger and garlic paste sauté and let the color change into golden brown, it takes about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Now add the tomatoes sauté and let it cook till they release all the oil and is soft.
- Now add in the dry spices that we grinded along with salt to the mixture and mix them well together and let it cook for 2 minutes.
- When the mixture releases oil, add in the chicken, yogurt and mix well. Cook covered till the chicken is tender. We are not adding any extra water the chicken cooks in its own stock and the water released from the yogurt.
- Now add dried fenugreek leaves and mix well then add in the chili’s and coriander leaves.
Serve hot with Chapatti or paratha